[pianotech] The value of this list

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Aug 9 09:40:11 MDT 2012

On 8/7/2012 10:52 AM, Joseph Garrett wrote:

> Just got my Journal. It's entire layout was based on past TT&T tips derived
> from THIS list! Hmmm?

And the pdf is now posted for download too. Some of the stuff goes back
20 years. Sort of makes me wonder how many of the original contributors
even remember ever having done it that way. I recall mentioning at a PTG
meeting way back when that I had used 1/0 tuning pins on one small grand
restring to see if I thought there was any particular difference,
benefit or detriment, from 2/0. Probably fifteen years later, also at a
PTG meeting, someone wanted to know why I typically strung with 1/0
pins! No! This sort of thing has happened dozens of times, and continues
to happen as I learn from some surprise source what I wasn't aware I had
ever claimed.

Ah well, shift happens, so staying "current" isn't really possible, but
there's still some good stuff there.

Ron N