[pianotech] were they idots?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 21:51:12 MDT 2012

This has probably been discussed to death, but I wonder what went through the engineers' heads when they developed the Baldwin Acrosonic fallboard mechanisms. I know I'm not the only one who has cursed these fricken things. How could anyone with half a brain have thought up the totatlly insane method for attaching a fall board to a piano. I don't think these guys had a clue what was involved in how to put them back on the piano. They must have either been complete idiots, or had a sadistic streak for piano tuners. Maybe one of them had a brother-in-law who was a tuner with whom he didn't get along, or something.

I guess by now you have figured out that I am not a happy camper. I just spent 30 minutes putting one of those babies back on a piano. I thought I knew how to do this, but even after 35 years, they are still a mystery to me.  Other than the fallboard, they are nice pianos.  But maybe I should just say no to Acrosonics.

Wim