[pianotech] Noise in Bass Strings

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Aug 5 20:20:58 MDT 2012

Thanks Ron. Some good el-cheepo non-destructive suggestions. Worth a try.

I was wondering whether those four bass strings with the over-wrapped (or whatever) ends are original - they're obviously different from the rest. Owner bought piano new and has never had any work done on it. My guess is that it is original. But why would Walter use two different types of wrap ends? Seems odd.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Terry Farrell