[pianotech] Broken nylon pedal bracket

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 3 18:56:16 MDT 2012

List
I made one similar to what Ron manufactured about 24 years ago when Kimball was still in business.  For me it was quicker in the shop out of some Ash salvaged from an old backpost than to hunt one down.  I figured the replacement they would send out would have the same structural issues as the original and the wood would probably outlast it.  So far so good as I tuned that piano last spring and everything was still fine.  The backpost was salvaged out of an old upright destined for the dump so at least part of it lives on in a piano today.  The plate as I recall went into my driveway as reinforcing iron for a section of concrete that had to be replaced.
Norman Cantrell