[pianotech] Sorry I asked?

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Aug 3 17:57:48 MDT 2012

Mark,

I had a 1937 Haddorff Vertichord Grand that I tuned for a church around Easter. Getting into the cabinet seemed a bit different if my memory serves me. Lots of curved pieces, almost looked like an organ cabinet. I wouldn't call it a "Grand, however, as it looked to only be about 45" high.

The church has had it since it was new, so it only got played on Sundays and Wednesdays, I suspect.

I thought it was fairly solid, although it did have some issues. The biggest one right off the bat was that it had aluminum wrapped strings for the two bichords above the break, C#3 and D3, specifically. I had a bid in to replace those since they sounded with a thud but the rest of the piano seemed to be holding up quite well. The bass was all copper wrapped. I never did hear back from them... Hmm, add that to my to do list. YMMV...

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com