[pianotech] NY Times article on pianos (OT)

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Aug 1 02:28:07 MDT 2012

Susan,

It appears you are using a fixed width typewriter font which isn't the
easiest to read. It is the default choice for plain text. Some posters on
the list prefer plain text. Using HTML, which is what I'm using, one is able
to use all kinds of different fonts. I am sending this in Arial 10 pt which
is my default choice. It is a variable width, meaning the "I" takes up less
space than the "H". I prefer sending and receiving in HTML. It allows me to
express myself more and also allows me to embed pictures in my text.

This is the fixed width typewriter font Courier. See the difference? Maybe
not if your program is set to view in plain text.

I have had a PC in the house since the mid 80s. Anyone else remember when
font packages were about $100+ each? Now there is a cazillion on the
computer, 98% never used or looked at.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____