[pianotech] Where is everyone?

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Fri Apr 27 08:26:14 MDT 2012

In general I agree with your assessment about 2 lists.  Having 2 lists
dilutes things, complicating the free flow of information that is vital to a
successful forum such as this one has been.  It would likely be better for
there to be one Pianotech forum, instead of the HL and the old list
coexisting.   However, I would not favor that being the HL one because of
its many inadequacies that are yet unaddressed after 14 plus months.
Still, I think the old format is long in the tooth for all the reasons
discussed, although in general it is still easier and simpler to use in most
aspects than HL.   It is still clear that most users are not deeply in love
with HL, so why are we not seeking other alternative solutions?

Your comments notwithstanding, I too am wondering if something dysfunctional
is going on with the new server.    We've had the two lists for a long time,
the participation has dropped precipitously in the last week or two.  Others
seem to have noticed too.

Will Truitt