[pianotech] white baby grand

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 22:11:41 MDT 2012

I am rebuilding a small white Lauter grand, (4'8") The customer thinks the piano
is great. We knew it had some termite damage, but when I took the bass strings
off the treble bridge, I discovered that about half the bridge is gone. Termites
leave the top layer of wood, but eat everything underneath. I've quoted the lady
$6000 to restring and put on a new bridge. But the piano really is not worth it.
Attached is a picture of the left front leg. If anyone knows of a similar piano,
please let me know. It doesn't have to be a Lauter. It just needs to be white
with French Prov legs, but no termites.   It might be worth it to ship it here,
rather than having me repair this one.

Willem "Wim" Blees, RPT
Mililani, HI 96789