[pianotech] FW: FUMC Estate Sale - Piano

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 14:47:09 MDT 2012

Walk, don't run.

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie Bartlett <l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net>
To: pianotech <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Sun, Apr 22, 2012 10:39 am
Subject: [pianotech] FW: FUMC Estate Sale - Piano

A friend sent this to me, wondering if itmight be worth buying for her son. She is a reverend, and cannot afford tolight campfires with $100 bills at all.   I’d appreciatecomments on this from people who know about technical stuff, but who also knowif a square in 21st century really might be a viable instrument to aperson who is not going to be a high level performer, specializing in PeriodMusic.   Thanks,
Les bartlett

Hello to all of our great customers.

We do not have a sale scheduled until May 18 & 19. We have not yet begun work on the sale, so will not have a list and photosuntil early May.  However, there is one item in the sale we want to tellyou about.

There is an Emerson square grand piano.  The piano wasmade about 1885, and is truly beautiful.  For someone who wantsthis piano as a musical instrument to play, it would have to be restored.  Without restoration, it is just a pretty piece of furniture.   Itwould be perfect for a house museum.   We are asking $3000 for thispiano.  After restoration, its value would be $25,000 to $30,000.

If you want this piano for yourself, great.  If youknow of anyone who might be interested, we would appreciate your sending thisinformation to them.

Here is the link to photos and additional informationabout this Emerson square grand piano.

Piano

First United Methodist Church

Estate SaleCommittee

No virus found in this message.