[pianotech] Hit the road, Jack...

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Thu Apr 19 13:57:55 MDT 2012

I wanted to mention that I found something unique on the piano involving the dog attack...

They had a note, G2, that hadn't played in years.  The piano has been in the family for 20+ years and they said no tech ever fixed it.

While looking closely, I realized that I couldn't see the front of the jack under the button. I thought maybe it had broken off but I couldn't be sure.

I removed  the wippen and lo and behold, the jack had been installed backwards!  The spring was installed on the front and the jack was facing the back.  Not very conducive to the proper operation of the note.  I turned the jack around and repinned it and the note works just fine.  I wish I had a picture but I don't.  Stress from the dog and all...  :-)

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com