[pianotech] keeping stage trucks from wiggling

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 13:45:28 MDT 2012

the bass of the wheels
Well, that may work fine for the low notes, but... ;-)  Seriously though, I use a circle of rope (I prefer hemp, but your tastes may vary) around the stage truck wheels, to keep the piano from rolling off the stage in case we experience a mild to moderate earthquake (standard California precaution). Not sure how effective this would be in preventing smaller movements, of the piano-playing kind.

Alan Eder