[pianotech] Kawai grand pedal lock nuts

Bill Fritz pianofritz50 at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 13:03:51 MDT 2012

Unless I'm looking at the picture wrong... one should screw the nut tight against the rod.

It appears that turning the top (w/ a wrench) is essentially screwing that (whatever you'd call it) in or out of the rod... changing the length of the overall assembly, to set the correct pedal regulation.

And in order to keep that overall assembly from changing length w/ time & usage, that nut needs to be tightened DOWN against the main rod (into which the screw adjuster goes).

At least from what I think I see in the pic!!!...   Bill Fritz, St Louis