[pianotech] Finding New Hammers for a Wurlitzer Spinet

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:54:48 MDT 2012

I have been asked to restore a Wurlitzer Spinet c.1942
Please don't ask the obvious questions, why, shouldn't it just be burned,
etc. I already went through all of that with the customer. She is adamant
that it is a family "heirloom" that she wants restored, for herself & her
daughter after her.

Now to my problem, the hammers need to be replaced, I'm at a loss where to
begin looking for hammers that will work. Since spinets haven't been made
for a decade or more, where would one look for replacement hammers?
All suggestions welcome, for finding hammers, other suggestions
regarding the job not so much, it has been taken, I can't rescind my
decision now.

As many of us often say, it all spends

Mike

--

I think we are a product of all our experiences.
Sanford I. Weill<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/sanfordiw283095.html>

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404