[pianotech] Customer complaint

larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Sun Apr 8 08:22:01 MDT 2012

	  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 All good comments so far.  There's something about going back to
replace the string in the first place that makes me uneasy.  If I knew
the customer was "combative" (for lack of a better term right now) I
think I'd have him/her sign an agreement prior to replacing the string
and have the subject to include something in the neighborhood of "no
guarantees" and "the string will detune readily for awhile" and
"initial breakage was not your fault" and "it will cost $$$".
Additionally you are going back to replace the string as a sincere
gesture of proper service.  I think I'd be tempted to word that in
there somewhere as well.

	As for the additional notes that don't work, you have to go back to
determine for yourself and your own defense what the problem is.  THAT
call may be at your own expense.  If he/she agrees that you can effect
repairs, if needed during THAT visit to supposedly fix the problems
with those notes, he/she need to be informed of the cost prior to
anything being done.  I'd also insist that he/she be there in person
and be readilly available to discuss the findings  ..........  if any.
 It would be best if he/she were a total witness to your movements as
you take the piano apart to inspect.