[pianotech] Customer complaint

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Apr 8 06:57:02 MDT 2012

John is right, negative advertisement can really hurt.

As small service businessmen we implicitly offer a satisfaction guarantee.
For me, that means that I am prepared to refund their money and walk away if
I can't make them happy. Don't call me again and don't recommend me to your
friends. At least then she will not be able to complain that I am greedy,
whatever else bad she may say.

On the price thing, if people bring it up, I communicate I am not the
cheapest, but I am very good, I am full time and I've been doing it for 30
years. There are always less experienced part timers willing to work for
less.

On the breaking strings, communicate that the tuning process inflicts the
most stress a string is likely to ever see. If there is a problem or
weakness, chances are it is during the tuning that it will break.

Dean

Dean W May                        (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com           (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802           Give us a LIKE on Facebook! Go to
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/PianoRebuilderscom/137780082943148>
PianoRebuilders.com

  _____