[pianotech] Dealing with Customers

Tom Gorley tomgorley88 at sonic.net
Fri Apr 6 18:48:04 MDT 2012

When I run into a no show, I leave a bill for anywhere between $10 and 30% of the tuning fee. At least something to let them know that their being there is important.  Also on the bill is a note saying that I will move on to my next customer and I can get back to them later in the day, thereby saving the show-up charge.  "Call me as soon as you get home."

Many are grateful for my flexibility, saving their A, etc.  There are always a few who absolutely don't care about me, and I never get paid. Long time customers are not billed.

My wife does the scheduling, and she is very good about location grouping.  That's one thing that makes this type of solution possible.

--Tom G