[pianotech] New List

Terry Beckingham t46xd8jb at xplornet.com
Tue Oct 25 16:34:07 MDT 2011

Mark,

That wasn't me who suggested that perhaps we should close the list to
non-members. That was Paul T. Williams

Terry

At 01:12 PM 10/25/2011 -0700, you wrote:

Hi, Terry.

I wouldn't want to close the list to all non-members just because of one
person. Instead, we should have the right (and maybe this is already in
place) to warn somebody, then if they persist, summarily unsubscribe them.
That way, benefits are available for all who care to avail themselves,
except those who can't or won't be civil. I can hear the storm of "Buts"
gathering already, and yes the devil is in the details, but I can't accept
that we should therefore be consigned to accepting just anything anybody
feels like throwing, with no recourse. This our list (PTG's), and
ultimately we ought to have the power to filter out people who stubbornly
adhere to a pattern of behavior that the powers that be find objectionable,
or destructive, or otherwise unacceptable. Do we have that power or not?

-- Mark Schecter