[pianotech] written appraisal

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 12:17:52 MDT 2011

Gary

Below is what I use for an appraisal.

For the "overall condition", this is an estimate on the quality of the piano, and then the rest of the ratings are for the condition of those particular parts. For example, the quality of a 25 year old Pearl River console might be 3, but just because the piano itself isn't not very good, the strings might be perfect, and a 9, and the case has a few minor scratches, and is a 7.

I write down my findings at the customer's house, but then take the information home, and write up a nice looking estimate on my computer, so that the customer can read my writing. I save all my appraisals, in case anyone wants to ask me about it later.

Wim

Blees Piano Service
Tuning, Repairing, Rebuilding
Willem Blees, RPT Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa St. Mililani, HI 96789
808-349-2943 wimblees at aol.com

6/1/2011
Piano Appraisal for:
Mr. Bro Halff
1706 Keoniloa Pl
Koloa, HI 96756

Evaluation and Appraisal of Baldwin Hamilton studio piano, model 243 HPA, Sr. 0469585, manufactured in 1997

Cabinet: Mahogany in excellent condition.
Soundboard: excellent condition, no cracks, ribs in tact.
Bridges: excellent condition.
Pin block: Solid and in tact.
Keys: Plastic key tops, in good condition.
Action: Hammers, shanks, flanges and wippens are in excellent condition.
Strings: No rust on the strings & pins.

Rating scale based on 1 - 10 (10 being highest)
Overall condition: 9
Pin Block: 9    Action: 9               Cabinet: 9
Bridges: 9      Keys: (plastic) 9      Dampers: 9
Strings: 9       Soundboard: 9         Bench: yes

Appraised Value of piano in current condition: $3,500.00
Estimated repairs, none
Estimated Value of piano after repairs, $3,500.00
Replacement Cost:* $7,500.00

* Baldwin Hamilton pianos are no long made. An equivalent piano is a Kawai UST-9.

I estimate the value as listed for insurance or other purposes at the current replacement value, excluding Federal and other taxes. In making this appraisal, the Appraiser assumes no liability with respect to any action that may be taken on the basis of this appraisal.
Sincerely

Willem Blees, RPT