[pianotech] Home-made lever

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon Oct 24 13:33:10 MDT 2011

Visiting friends in France last week, I went for a meal with them to a
family they knew, and volunteered to tune their upright piano, since
they said they had a tuning lever somewhere. When I went back to do it
in a couple of days, they had not been able to find the lever, so Claude
had made one! Here it is, beside my Fujan. It worked surprisingly well,
being fairly rigid and a good fit on the pins (though a square tip
instead of star).

More problematical were the wedges he had made, around the size and
shape of grand wedges, but made of wood. Tricky. Had to improvise
somewhat.  I was most impressed with the home-made lever though, and it
has been given to me as a souvenir.

Best regards,

David.