[pianotech] New List

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Oct 24 10:57:40 MDT 2011

On 10/24/2011 11:15 AM, Terry Beckingham wrote:
> None of this stuff was required on the old list. Also it was easy to
> send attachments. They came with the post to the lists and could be
> opened immediately without having to go to the web, log onto the new
> list and download them before viewing. That is a giant step backwards.

Which is what I've been saying all along, mostly alone. If they'd fix
the character set, so we can have technical discussions with appropriate
characters instead of displaying HTML garbage in text only format, and
allow us to send mail and receive, attach and receive attachments from
our email client instead of having to log on to the X-creature to do it
from the browser, we would have all the basic functionality of the old
pianotech list except the short lag time for posts to show up. I'd like
that fixed too, unreasonable as that is. I know it's unlikely, but I
think if someone offers a "legacy" format that ostensibly works with an
email client, it ought to actually work, and somewhere in the
organizations involved, someone ought to at least simulate caring enough
to give it an honest attempt and hold HL to producing it. Otherwise, the
death of [pianotech] will be it for the bulk of subscribers.

Anyone got the latest numbers on comparison of [pianotech] subscribers
to [PTG pianotech] subscribers?

Ron N