[pianotech] New List

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:00:38 MDT 2011

Hi old list -

I saw Ron's and Al's posts on the new list, they seem to have posted
fine.  I've been using the new list and it seems to be fine.  Here's
how I do it:

Go to the my.ptg page.  Go to the discussions heading (near the top,
just under the title my.ptg), it's a pull-down menu.  Go to the last
item, Manage Subscriptions.  There you'll see a list of all the many
discussion lists that are in existence.  In the wild enthusiasm that
greeted the initial roll-out of the new site, lots of people set up
lists that dealt with the various minutiae of piano work, but now that
the dust has settled, they're all inactive except for the ones that
existed before, CAUT and Pianotech.  (Yeah, every once in a while
someone posts on another one, but it's an anomaly.)  There are also
the non-piano work related lists, PTG-L (members only) and User Help
Group.

There are some options for how you receive the postings.  Look at the
list you want, and check the bubble that pertains - real time means
you get an email everytime someone posts, just like many of us did
with the old lists.  Daily Digest, self explanatory.  Legacy, not
exactly sure.  I checked "No Emails" for every discussion, which means
that I'm subscribed but my inbox doesn't get clogged.  Instead, I go
to the myptg page, click on the pull-down menu "Discussions", then
click on the first selection, "All Discussions".  Then, depending how
often I visit the page, I find the little baby-blue box called "Quick
Links", and click on "Last 24 Hours", or Last 7 Days", or whatever.
Then, you don't have to dig through all the various discussions, it'll
just show you what's happened recently.

If I don't get bashed, and you seem interested, I'd be glad to go over
how to post and attach pictures, etc.

All the best,
Zeno