[pianotech] New List

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Oct 24 09:26:44 MDT 2011

On 10/24/2011 10:10 AM, Terry Beckingham wrote:
> Isn't progress just wonderful. Two steps forward. Three steps back. With
> this old list, I find that our posts appear sometimes within a minute or
> two. Now with the new list, it can take up to a day. If we had a vote on
> it, I am sure the new list would disappear and the old list would stay.
> Sigh!

Nice dream, but we'll never get a say on anything so real. The decision
was made before the software was purchased and everything since was
smoke. The official word went from "we can't support the old list, it's
too expensive in volunteer time" (which I could see), to suddenly the
old list is no trouble at all, and there's no reason we can't keep it
for "the foreseeable future", which made no sense at all unless they had
replaced the old problematic software. That's why I kept asking if the
list functionality could be handled by the new software, since they had
already added a PDA "feature" at the request of other subscribers, it
seemed to me that they might eventually be able to get it to actually
work. Requests fundamentally ignored, and nothing fixed. A shocker, for
sure.

Ron N