[pianotech] loud/soft

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Oct 20 20:06:07 MDT 2011

As Mike said, I agree.  I often speak of regulation, etc. when in my mind
I'm thinking, "well of course you'd attend to pinning, worn parts, bushings.
lubrication, springs, etc., ad infinitum."  And your point is well taken,
Joe.  Given the audience (pianotech list) these things should be mentioned
if not spelled out, so that the point is made to all reading.  Good catch,
Joe.

And Matthew, more thoughts.  The client is asking you to improve the
performance of their piano.  It is your job to disseminate to them the all
of the details that go into improving performance, and the proper sequence
of those details.  The disclaimer is that things may end up being done out
of sequence, but the results are likely to not be as positive as if they
were done in proper sequence - and indeed the results may even be
disappointing.  We have to be sure our clients know that there is a reason
we do what we do.

William R. Monroe