[pianotech] can anyone identify this hardware?

Douglas Gregg classicpianodoc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:18:15 MDT 2011

These are most likely for holding candle sticks that would fit on the
extended brackets. I have two pianos in my shop that have candle
holders built into the front board. I have another with a slot in the
left key block that has a metal plate around the slot.  It looks like
it could take a silver dollar, but there is no coin box. It must have
had a flat stick that fit in the slot to support a candle holder. All
these pianos were from pre-electric days. 1870 to 1910.

Douglas Gregg
Classic Piano Doc
Southold, NY 11971