[pianotech] sticking key

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:48:46 MDT 2011

The right pedal is the sustain pedal. The middle pedal is the sostenuto
pedal. The left is the action shift pedal, also known as the una corda. But
I think "una corda" is a musical term--not a piano part term.

Hard to know what you'll find, Marshall. If it's the action shift, a lot of
times it's because the action shifts too far over to the treble side. When
this happens, the last bass damper will stick up (because it contacts the
plate). It's also possible that the sostenuto blade is too close to one of
the tabs. Don't panic, and work methodically the best you can.

--
John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain, MS

--