[pianotech] Acetone vs. thinner

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 11:54:24 MDT 2011

Ok,  somebody has some experience with this idea, 'cause I know it has occurred to me in the past, but I didn't try it.
    I may have to juice some hammers, tomorrow.  It is a three hour drive from here, so I can't be around when the normal mix hardens.  Has anybody gotten decent results with using acetone to thin the lacquer instead of lacquer thinner?  Would it dry in a 5 or 6 hour span if the hammers got a healthy dose?
  Just wondering.....
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html