[pianotech] Water damaged piano

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed Oct 12 10:20:53 MDT 2011

Thanks for all the great advice folks!

Quick update...

I just talked with the flood company.  He says he doesn't know anything about pianos but he thinks it's a Yamaha baby grand. He says it's electronic. Upon further investigation, I determined it has a player in it.  Possibly a Disklavier system.  He told me that the piano was set up in the home with the lid closed when a water pipe burst directly above the piano and approximately 100,000 gallons of water dumped on to the piano and filled up the house.  When they came in, RH was at 99% in the home.

A piano mover came and packed it up and it is now in storage on it's side at this company's warehouse. They are the insurance billers/ handlers.  I'm headed that way in about an hour to take a look at it. I'll know more in a while...

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com