[pianotech] buzzzzing

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:21:26 MDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
Thank you again for your response to any thing I posted here. I'm not sure if I thank all of you yet.

I received a call today from a guy who had a 1926 Hamilton grand rebuilt for 4k.  He said that there was a buzz somewhere in the piano and the guy would go under the piano with a long screw driver.  it woud help for an hour or so and buzzz it was back.

I'm not a rebuilder, wish I was of course. However, when a piano is rebuilt, is it customary to replace the pin block or if the pin block is good, wil a rebuilder just leave the old one there?  He told me that the tech. said that the pin block was fine.  Buzzing could be lots of things, so I won't know until I check it out, but would someone sticking a screwdriver underneith indicate tightening sound board button scews or bridge screws?  I'm going to possibly tune it this week.  thanks again
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com