[pianotech] S&S B

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 8 08:44:16 MDT 2011

I don't understand what you mean by "not CBS manufactured". CBS never manufactured Steinway pianos, only Steinway manufactured Steinway pianos. They just bought the company and screwed with the finances.

I worked there during that period and the only thing that changed was the inventory between departments. They felt it was waisted capitol and what they accomplished by that move was layoffs for lack of inventor between departments. The pianos got through the factory fasted and didn't have as much time to settle, but we had the same management and the quality remained the same.

Since I and my department were the last to work on and inspect those pianos, I take exception to the insinuation that the pianos were of lesser quality.

Al -
High Point, NC