[pianotech] Atlas Listing Very Wrong?????????

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 6 20:48:37 MDT 2011

It was stated by Michael Magness: "The music store I do tuning/tech work
for has the owner's mother's piano on
the floor for sale, one of the sales people asked me how old it was, I
pulled out my older Atlas ('89) I keep in the car to look it up. It's a
Baldwin 243 #299218, my atlas didn't go that high for Baldwin. The warranty
packet was inside so I looked in it & it said 1975, when I got home i looked
it up again in my new (11th edition) atlas it says 1992?

Anyone have any ideas?"

YUP!<G> In a way it's a Baldwin...Product....otherwise known as a Hamilton.
Baldwin Co. like Broadwood, has a very screwed up numbering system,
imnsho!<G>
Best,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police