[pianotech] Stiff WNG? (was Steinway top)

Mark S Burgett markb at pianodisc.com
Tue Oct 4 17:31:34 MDT 2011

We did quite a bit of deflection testing on wood shanks and the strength
varies greatly from shank to shank.  For the Carbon Fiber shank it is
very consistent in strength and you would think that the stiffer shank
would be more difficult to play on light playing but this is not true, I
have heard many pianists say it is very controllable.

Mark

  _____