[pianotech] Fwd:

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Oct 4 02:10:22 MDT 2011

Wim,
At this point, it may be a good idea to measure the angle of the string
rom the pressure bar to the termination point, just in case you need to
oosen string tension and loosen the other screws of the pressure bar.
Too many times technicians remove parts and destroy information that the
iano has to offer.
-John Parham

John

There is no need to measure string angle. The pressure bar on this piano has feet that rest of the plate when the screws are tight. The tension on all the strings have already been released, and in, fact, all the strings are off the piano, except for the middle section, where that danged screw is still holding the pressure bar.

Wim