[pianotech] hammer removal

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 2 03:38:36 MDT 2011

If you haven't invested in a heat gun, this is a good excuse to get one. Prices can vary from $30-$75, Milwaukee being the best one( and by far) the longest lasting gun on the market.
Heat guns can dissolve just about any glue adhesion within 15 seconds. Many of the solvents you've tried will be speed up in dramatic fashion with the heat gun added to the mix.
In addition to the removal aspect of shank and hammer removal, you'll find it particularly handing when burning the shanks after you've installed your new hammers.
Tom Servinsky