[pianotech] Upright price

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Nov 29 14:05:03 MST 2011

Well...David - and - Dean ... are both right .....

Meaning, I have a player rebuild coming up in 2013 - that from the get go - is a disaster - BUT - the customer insists
they want it done - and - is willing to pay for it. Currently, best estimate $10,000 to $12,000.

They bought it for $100 - fell in love with the cabinet with - no - sentimental value. I have to - find - the player
system - then - rebuild it. The cabinet needs refinishing, new strings, new pins, possibly new pin block, new hammers,
new dampers, about half of the keys need work. Plus anything thing that I might have missed on the estimate.

AND, YES, I advised them - THREE TIMES - to find a better player that was complete - however - they said they they fell
in love with the cabinet - and - also said that they like "rescuing things from the dump".

So, go figure......

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years