[pianotech] Upright price

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 08:47:56 MST 2011

Let's presume it's free (there are an abundance of these types of
instruments that are).  Moving $250, tuning (pitch correction presumed)
$250, basic repairs for baseline functionality $500-1000.  They're in it for
$1000- 1500 and still have a 90-year-old piece of junk probably.  Generally
I don't advise people to take these types of instruments even if they are
free. As Michael said, if they are agonizing over some "fair" price between
$50 and $275 then the likelihood of them spending on necessary repairs is
remote and maybe not even advisable.  Is it money well spent?  Probably not.
Those are the issues that should be discussed.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com