[pianotech] Key leveling

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 06:09:05 MST 2011

But all in all, the idea should have taken off a long time ago. Why the
anufactures never ran with this is beyond my reasoning. Maybe you could be
essenger and get manufactures to take notice.
om Servinsky

The first reason that comes to mind as to why other manufacturers didn't adopt this system would be the cost factor. Although Ludwig was not a very expensive pianos, perhaps they were hoping to gain their fair share of the market. The other, as you pointed out, is that perhaps others saw the key ratio thing as a potential problem. But if I recall, the screw didn't do that. And last, although my customer's piano didn't seem to have any problems, could it be that the screw weakened the key enough to cause them to break with heavy playing?

Wim