[pianotech] shift shim

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Nov 13 14:10:43 MST 2011

Maybe a little of both....How crushed are the old leathers? I'm thinking
in Hawaii, those cushions must be pretty much crushed up and crackly by
now.  Try the pedal leather first, then the other.  Check for too far of
drifting to hit the upper neighboring strings, or ?  Are the hammers
aligned juuuuust right?  Put it on the Juuuuuust right-meter with full
pedal press, and see how that works out too.  Or, pedal press depth....is
it going too far down? look at the pedal lyre rod cushions at the pedal.
They might be toast too.

Is this the one you just fixed the lyre rods on too?  Make sure that
wasn't a little too short, or little too long...  They all go together, my
friend!

Best,
Paul