[pianotech] Help Please - Should be CA techniques<g>

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:10:28 MST 2011

I stopped using CA in the customers home for just that very reason. I've been smelling a limited amount of fumes for most of my life and have never had any side effects until I treated an entire piano with CA. I had the same experience you did. Now all pianos now come into the shop where I use an external exhaust system, or wheel the piano outdoors (I'm in the sunny south) and allow it to dry before bringing it back into the shop. If they don't want to pay the transportation, they can find someone else to do it.

Al -
High Point, NC