[pianotech] Business Definition

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Nov 12 11:38:15 MST 2011

Yes but music teachers may be home-based and have all their pupils
attend at the music teacher's home.

It would be easy then to argue that the house is a business premises,
requiring public liability insurance etc, since the actual work is
carried out there.

The case would be different for a music teacher who visits ALL pupils in
their own homes and has NO pupils in his/her own home.  The city could
find itself in the strange position then, of arguing that since business
is transacted in the home of each client, then each and every CLIENT
must register his or her home as a business premises!  This latter case
is much more akin to Rick's situation, since he carries out no actual
work in his home, but all of it is in the client's house.

Best regards,

David.