[pianotech] help please

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Nov 11 10:12:22 MST 2011

In spite of overwhelming anecdotal evidence to the contrary, some continue
to hold to their cherished myths.

CA glue on pinblocks is an economical fix that buys many more years of life
for a piano.  Believe it or not, but many clients don't have $20k for a
rebuild, yet they would still like to be able to get their piano tuned. If
you wish to thumb your nose at their needs that's fine by me. It's bread and
butter work for me and I get to be their hero.

It is true that pulling a pin will loosen it upon reinsertion if nothing
else is done. But squirting in the magic drops makes it tighter. At least it
has every time for the scores of times that I have done it. But maybe I'm
the one holding cherished myths.  YMMV.

Dean

Dean W May                        (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com           (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802           Give us a LIKE on Facebook! Go to
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/PianoRebuilderscom/137780082943148>
PianoRebuilders.com

  _____