[pianotech] help please

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 10 21:49:12 MST 2011

On 11/10/2011 10:15 PM, Leslie Bartlett wrote:
> Upright piano...............................

Hi Les,
Yea, I know, but I thought the turn it over and do the bottom needed
addressed anyway, since it comes up often.

I haven't done more than a few pinblock CA jobs, some with plate
bushings, some without. But in your case, I'd lay it down on a tilter
and soak in the CA without drilling anything. I don't seem to have a
built in tolerance for voluntarily spending more time and annoyance on
something dodging the reality than it would have taken to just do it
right. If the tilt and soak doesn't work on bass and treble sample
applications, repin the damned thing and get on with it.

You find a method that works for you by applying what you think you know
and what you know you think, and adjusting what you know and think
according to the results.

Ron N