[pianotech] help please

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Thu Nov 10 19:05:36 MST 2011

Les,

I also posted on this earlier this year. I've only done it once, on a
grand, but if I had a vertical candidate, I would tip it and use the
identical procedure. The photo shows my dremel tool with a 1/16 drill
bit. I managed to do the entire piano with the one bit. Joe is
absolutely correct about feeling the bit enter the gap between the
bottom of the bushing and pinblock. Getting the CA to the bottom of the
hole was accomplished by running it down a piece of piano wire. Stick
the wire in the hole, hold the bottle nozzle against the wire and give
it a little squeeze, and there it is.

good luck

Mike