[pianotech] vehicle lease

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed Nov 9 12:36:11 MST 2011

Matthew,

I've been rear-ended by someone without insurance. My car was repaired just the same.  I always carry enough insurance to repair or replaced the car as needed. I also had glass damage in a separate incident and had my front windshield replaced.  I paid for it out of pocket, and it was a little less than $200.

While on the subject of insurance, it's also important to make sure you're not paying for a lot of redundant insurance. I have my auto insurance agent remove my medical (I leave the medical for others), the towing, and the rental car stuff.  I have good health insurance, AAA, and another car. I also have good business insurance which has a blanket liability, etc. I cover most every possibility, but I try to make sure I'm only covering it once!  :-)

As for coverage, I don't buy the cheapest, but I also don't spend lavishly. I pay to insure what would need to be replaced. I insure for liability up to a reasonable amount (95% probability limit), and I don't double insure. You will often find a lot of overlap that can save you money if you take a good look through ALL your policies.

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com