[pianotech] Pianola player...plastic parts?

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:40:38 MDT 2011

Pianola, 4octave piano, bicords throughout entire treble....

Traditional player with pump bellows, 5 bellow motor, individual cloth bellows
On each key......but on the base of each and every individual key bellows is a
Plastic clear box..........that scares me.....w..

    Family of some substance and means, want the player and piano fixed,
And there is some sentimental attachment.  Rebuilt some old players in my time,
And this looks traditional player, except for those plastic boxes and the base of each bellows.

,........not enjoyed pervious experiences with old 1950s plastic.....

Anyone out there worked on these specific pianos and have words of warning for
Me, and/or advise on working with these......or not working on these.

       Doing estimate, but not before touching base with someone that has touched those
Plastic components before and retrofit a replacement part successfully.

                                                       Thanks you
                      N.                               David Renaud

Sent from my iPad