[pianotech] middle pedal

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 19:01:01 MDT 2011

Hi Mike,
this piano is quite odd.  the pedal rods connect to the metal underlevers I think we call them correct?  The sustain pedal connects to one, and to adjust it you have to turn this hard rubber thing.  The sustain peal connects to one lever and the soft pedal to another.  Oddly, the middle pedal rubber on the top end touches nothing, and thers this long spring attached.  Does the lyre pull out as in a grand by removing a pin or two?  This particular one is a Emerson.  Is it worth doing the action work if she's not going to pay for the strings especially the dead bass strings?  I'll need a hand with that if I have to restring it, a hand a nd a place to do it.  Thanks Mike
Marshlal

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com