[pianotech] Stack Exchange

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Sun May 22 23:08:16 MDT 2011

The Stack Overflow web site came upon an excellent design for organizing
information and knowledge for computer programmers. It is done in a Q&A
format that rewards participation, has a system of reputation, and an easy
mechanism for "best" answers to percolate up. It has very modern design,
DHTML, Ajax, coherent UI, etc. I use it relentlessly in my computer work.

They have now created a mechanism for duplicating that format for other
topics of interest, not just computer programming. It works by "proposing"
sites, which may then be promoted to a full community version. I've proposed
a Pianotech one here:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/32263/pianotech?referrer=9yLABmfIKtgGkDnqMec0sQ2

Perhaps this would be interesting to the community?

Jim Moy