[pianotech] Knabe Upright Touchweight

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri May 13 09:28:58 MDT 2011

Check spring tensions and timing before adding weight. Damper lever spring tension and timing can increase weight dramatically as well as hammer return springs.  Check damper springs by feel comparing with pedal engaged versus not. Check hammer return springs by feel by lifting the wippen slightly to make sure the bridal strap isn't tugging on the hammer first.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
(sent from bb)