[pianotech] Removing Strings

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu May 12 13:20:24 MDT 2011

What Ed says - the only thing that I would add is that when I am rapping
down on the top of the becket breaker, I lift up on the becket breaker with
the hand that is holding it just as the hammer is striking it.  This
prevents the becket breaker from jamming on top of the becket and becoming a
pain in the buttendski to remove.  I know that it sounds counter intuitive,
but it works.

I don't have problems marring the plate this way either.

Will Truitt