[pianotech] teaching money,(was Irritated )

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 08:52:43 MDT 2011

  Hey Mark
   I get where you're coming from and I value the organization. You have made cogent and persuasive points. We don't really know each other so may I ask , do you teach?  Perhaps our experience is vastly different.

I think we will agree to disagree...or maybe not. I am not holding a contrarian opinion just for the sake of it. When on the occasions I have taught it was usually 2 period classes. The class prep prior to the convention and trying to get everything done in the shop so as to be able to be able to afford to do it this usually left me exhausted and often I missed out on far more classes than the percentages you state. Being in Calif. I often must travel a far distance to different time zones which means I always lose time and start at a deficit so I'm always trying to catch up on the energy level.
More Comments below

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com