[pianotech] Really, really irritated with the New forum system

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 15:48:48 MDT 2011

At 14:25 -0700 29/06/2011, Don Mannino wrote:

>...However, some of the criticism written recently is overstated,
>mainly because some people have not taken the time to wade through
>the instructions to set up the new e-mail subscription.  Which is a
>pain.
>
>Once the plain text e-mail format is set up, the new system will
>function mostly like the old, except it needs to be in plain text
>format, and you cannot simply attach files to messages.  Of course,
>there are other limitations - but overall, it does work.

Well, Don, if you call this "working", the copy of your message I
received from the old list was fine, but here is a shot of how the
copy looked as it came from the myptg forums, which demonstrates
perfectly what I wrote in my last posting.  Every time you use a
non-US-ASCII character, wuch as a curly quote, the system throws a
wobbly and re-encodes the thing several times.  It then has the nerve
to declate the message "Content-Type: text/plain;" without any
suggestion of encoding.

JD